Monday, October 20, 2008

Taking It One Day At A Time



“So do not worry or be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will have worries and anxieties of its own. Sufficient for each day is its own trouble” Matthew 6:34

I love this verse. It has taught me that I only have to deal with today’s problems today. I don’t have to worry about tomorrow’s problems now. In fact I don’t have to worry at all and neither do you, because God’s got it. There is nothing that happens in our life that God is not in full control of. What ever situation we are facing, whatever our need we must remember that we are not in it alone. The Almighty One is on our side. So why worry? Why fret? Why fear? He will bring us thru ever time. He never fails!

“And who of you by worrying and being anxious can add one unit of measure (cubit) to his stature or to the span of his life?” Matthew 6:27

“Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God. And God's peace [shall be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7

When we are seeking and striving to do God’s will in our life, His righteousness (His way of doing and being right), then all the things that we need will be given to us. He cares for us so much. We just have to trust Him no matter what, knowing that He will work everything out for our good as He has promised. His Word is true and He does not lie.

Definitions for worry: 1) to afflict with mental distress or agitation: make anxious 2) To feel uneasy or concerned about something; be troubled. (Note: this is NOT a fruit of the Spirit! Galatians 5:22-23)

If we sit around worrying and fretting about our situation we are actually saying that we don’t believe God’s Word. We don’t trust Him to do what He said He would do. Instead of mediating on God’s promises to us we begin to listen and reason with the worrisome thoughts that attack our minds. We have to capture these rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ. (2 Corinthians 10:4-5)

We will find freedom from worry, fear, and anxiety when we lay our life down at His feet and say, “Lord here is my life. Do with it as you please. I trust you.” I believe with all my heart that when we do this we will learn daily, through the power of the Holy Spirit of course, to be content with whatever He decides to do with us.

I don’t know about you but He can have my problems. I know that He can do much more with them than I could ever do. So this is me taking it one day at time. I pray you do too.

Lord, there are times when our minds are attacked by worry or fear. Help us to remember your promises. Let us hear your Words over the loud voice of anxiety. We trust you with our lives because it is no longer our own. Thank you for your promises. In Jesus name. Amen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This Word is such a integral part of our Christian walk. To cast your concerns and worries on the Lord Almighty and let him handle it. Psalm 55:22 says cast your cares on the lord and he will sustain you, he will not allow the righteous to fall.. If we only live by this it would make things so much easier. I once heard my niece say:
Dont tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big God is! It's just that simple!!
Father God thank you for being so big, big enough to deal with any and all of our problems and cares; help me to rely on you more. In Jesus Holy Name- AMEN!

Lisa C. aka Trophy of Grace said...

Thanks for your comment!!! Your niece must be really smart.. lol..I wonder where she gets it from?

DeAna said...

I know of late my family has been faced with adversity. And instead of falling to my knees in utter despair, I've fallen to my knees in praise. Praising our Father for His strength, power, love, and mercy.

I've handed my problems over to Him. I've surrendered myself, sometimes one misadventure at a time. But one thing stands true... my children and I know that our God will see us through these troubled times. He's provided for us when all else seemed dismal; when no options seemed apparent.

THANK YOU LORD, our blessed Father! For all that you've given us. My troubles are in your hands and I know, with you leading the way, my family will overcome!!

So I wipe my tears of today with the cloth of faith... faith in our Heavenly Father... and know we will make it through today triumphantly.

Lisa C. aka Trophy of Grace said...

Thank you so much for your comment because of it I was prompted to read the posting all over again.

Thank you Jesus that I did..because I got some rather disturbing news this morning which broke me heart because it affects my daughter. Then I read this and I was encouraged. So much so that I felt the need to call my offender and offer my forgiveness. I will not be held captive by this offense. I am casting all of my cares on Him and praying for those that persecute me. I know that our Lord will work this out for my good and my daughters good.

Thanks again for your comment. I love you..

My God is Faithful!

My God is Faithful!
Psalm 40:1-3 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.He lifted me out of the slimy pit,out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.