Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Our Steps Are Ordered By the Lord


The Psalm 37:23-24 says,

The Lord directs the steps of the godly.
He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand.

Tonight as I read this scripture I feel so encouraged because these verses remind me that God IS guiding my steps. I don’t have to have fear or wonder whether I am making the right or wrong decision. I just need to continue to pray and seek His Word for everything and trust his Holy Spirit to guide and lead me.

I am also assured with these verses that even if I stumble I will not fall because He is there holding my hand. Thank you Jesus for this because I have and will make mistakes. God sees the intent of our hearts though. I thank God that those mistakes will not ruin me because He is and has always been merciful.

Recently my husband and I were given a test by the Lord that we did not quite pass. We got the basic principle of what He was trying to teach us, but we did not do our part by following thru. Therefore we complicated our own way. The Holy Spirit showed us where we went wrong and assured us that this mistake would not ruin us. Our All Knowing God had a back up plan all along. He saw that we would make that mistake and he has already prepared our deliverance. Amen! We will have another chance to pass that test. I am trusting God to direct our steps and I will make the right decision this time, in Jesus name.

His loving kindness endures forever. Trust him with all your heart and acknowledge Him in every area of your life. Seek him out in everything and He will be faithful to make your way straight.

Proverbs 3:5-6, Psalm 40:1-3

Articles Listed by Title

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This blog speaks loudly to me, i have recently been receiving alot of words on seeking the Lord and the plans he has for us. I think this is truly on aspect of our belief that requires the most faith, to trust that God has our plans made for us and that we are not in control of it.. I've been meditating on this more and more, praying for confirmations on what it is im to be doing and i am now starting to receive these i been praying for. Deuteronomoy 4:29 reads " but if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you look with all your heart and all your soul".. this is a subject we need to all meditate on. I do believe God has our plans set out for us, the more we seek him the easier it is for us to find out.

My God is Faithful!

My God is Faithful!
Psalm 40:1-3 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.He lifted me out of the slimy pit,out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.