Monday, June 2, 2008

Renewing Your Mind


As new creatures in Christ we are called to be transformed (changed) by the renewing of our mind. Romans 12:2 says,

2Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you].

Renewing your mind can not be done over night. It takes times and most of all the Word of God to change the thoughts, language, habits, actions, and reactions that we have developed over the years when we were of the world. This process requires feeding our spirit by spending time daily reading the bible.

Jesus is the Word that became flesh. (John 1:1 & 14) When you spend intimate time reading and meditating on the Word of God you will be truly changed because you are spending time with Jesus. Look at the affect that spending time with Jesus had on the twelve disciples. They became servants of God spreading the Gospel all over the world full of faith and power. They cast out demons and healed the sick. They knew who they were in Christ and it was evident in their lives.

Going to church on Sunday’s and Wednesday’s is not enough to keep us feed spiritually. We are our stunning our own growth and remaining baby Christians, always needing someone else to feed us. We have to start growing up and feeding ourselves daily if we want to live successful lives and grow into mature Christians. (Hebrews 5:12-14) Without the daily nourishment of the Word we will eventually find ourselves stuck wondering why we are trying so hard to change certain things in our lives but can’t.

The Word of God is living and active! (Hebrews 4:12) It is through the power of the Word of God that we are truly changed. The Word gives us everything we need:

Life & Freedom – John 6:63, John 8:31-32, 2 Peter 1:3-4
Counsel & Direction – Psalm 119:24, Psalm 119:105, Proverbs 3:5-6,
Comfort & Encouragement – Psalm 119:50, 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
Correction & Discipline – 2 Timothy 3:16, Proverbs 6:23
Wisdom & Understanding - Psalm 119:98, Psalm 19:7-9 , Psalm 119:130 Proverbs 2:1-5,

I challenge you to start reading your bible daily and see for yourself how spending intimate time with Jesus will transform your mind and your life.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can personally relate to this blog. I have been reading my Bible every day, religiously and it is truly an eye opening Word. I have seen friends and family grow closer by feeding themselves regularly, but i have also witnessed friends and family spiritually starving because they have allowed there busy lives to take presidence over the Bible. I pray alot for God to renew my strength each day with my reading and I pray that those i love do the same. It is sometimes hard during our busy lives to take a time out to read. I am blessed to have an employment that allows me the flexibilty to read often, those of us who do not have this luxury need to allocate some time. The Bible has been a huge addition to my life and has changed me dramatically, i pray that we all have the same experience. God has transformed me, big time and if he can do this to me, he can to anyone... I am A NEW ME.
2 corinthians 5:17- Therefore if anyone is in Christ he is a new creation.

My God is Faithful!

My God is Faithful!
Psalm 40:1-3 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.He lifted me out of the slimy pit,out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.