Thursday, August 14, 2008

"Not By Might, Nor By Power, But By My Spirit"


To those that did not shrink back and accepted the call to truly serve the Lord by dying daily to your own selfish desires; I would like to say you have made a wise choice. You have a great responsibility and I know it is not easy. You will be talked about and persecuted for your commitment to serve Him and to be different from the world. The tests and trials that you must endure will be overwhelming at times. The transformation process that the Lord brings us through may seem strenuous but it fulfills its purpose to refine, purify, and prepare us for the work that Our Lord has for us.

King Solomon understood that he had a strong calling with tremendous responsibility to govern God’s people. When the Lord approached Solomon in a dream and offered him anything he wanted the king answered, “Give me an understanding mind so that I can govern your people well and know the difference between what is right and what is wrong. For who by himself is able to carry such a heavy responsibility?” (1 Kings 3:9) We should follow King Solomon’s example to pray and ask God to give us wisdom to fulfill His calling on our lives. We need His wisdom to make wise decisions in our own lives for the sake of our families and our ministries.

I want to encourage you by telling you that this burden/heavy responsibility He has given us to serve Him comes with His power and anointing to fulfill our calling. It is not in our own power, strength, or wisdom that we are going to succeed. We do not need to worry and fret about how we are going to accomplish the dreams and visions that He has given us. So if you are feeling unworthy of your calling or perhaps you feel weak and incapable, praise God!

“Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit”, says the Lord Almighty-“You will succeed because of my Spirit, though you are few and weak”. (Zechariah 4:6)

“Take courage and work, for “I am with you”, says the Lord Almighty. My Spirit will remain among you; so don’t be afraid. (Haggai 2:4-5)

Paul said in 2 Corinthians 12:7-10 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

So it is Christ’s power in us that will help us to fulfill our calling not by our own might, nor by our own power, but my His Holy Spirit we will succeed! Amen to that!

Lord, help our hearts not to be troubled and afraid about all that you have called us to do in your son’s name. Teach us to rely on your Holy Spirit for wisdom, courage, and strength as we determine to run this race and win souls for your kingdom. We long to be a light in this dark world and we are relying on your Holy Spirit’s power to help us. In Jesus Name..Amen.

No comments:

My God is Faithful!

My God is Faithful!
Psalm 40:1-3 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.He lifted me out of the slimy pit,out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.