Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Repost: Will The Real Christians Please Pick Up Your Swords?

Repost from 4/11/08

Warning..Not for the sensitive

Do you realize that we are in a battle? There is a war raging constantly for the souls of mankind. Take a look around you. The enemy is working overtime destroying families. Listen to all the tragedy in the news. He has young children disillusioned and trapped in drugs, sex, and gangs. He even has Christians deceived into thinking that it is ok to be on the sidelines or pew warmers.

As Christians we are called to be about out Father’s business. I remember the Lord once told me, “You take care of my business and I’ll take care of yours.” We are called to be doer’s of the Word, not just hearers. This is not a time for us to be selfishly seeking our own desires. We need to be fervently spreading the Gospel and setting an example as Christians. ALL of us, if willing, can be used of God. This will bring us all the blessings and fulfillment that we could ever imagine. It is in our service to the Lord and others that we learn and grow in the knowledge and love of God.

Have you personally lead someone to the Lord? Do you realize that you are called to share your testimony? That is how we overcome the enemy. We overcome the enemy by the blood of the lamb and the Word of our testimony. You don’t have to rely on yourself. The Lord will give you the Words to speak if you allow Him to. I pray that the Lord would ignite us all with his Holy Spirit. I pray that we would be on fire like the early church.

Christ’s return is near! Perhaps some Christians don’t really believe that. So many times we get caught up in just going to church and going through the motions. We begin to seek God more on what He can do about our problems that we forget that someone out there has it worse than we do. The enemy would have us get so caught up in our own selfishness that we do not make time for reaching out to others. Someone needs to hear your story.

Let us examine ourselves and see if we are truly being doers of the Word or are we on the sidelines? Christians pick up your Sword and put on your armor! Let us stand side by side with one purpose to preach the Gospel. We are in this fight together.

May God bestow on you all love, wisdom, and courage. In Jesus name..Amen!

Revelations 12:11, Ephesians 6:10-17, 1 Corinthians 15:58, Philippians 1:27-30

No comments:

My God is Faithful!

My God is Faithful!
Psalm 40:1-3 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.He lifted me out of the slimy pit,out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.