Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Little Lost Sheep


Jesus said “For the Son of Man has come to save that which was lost. “What do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep, and one of them goes astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine and go to the mountains to seek the one that is straying? And if he should find it, assuredly, I say to you, he rejoices more over that sheep than over the ninety-nine that did not go astray. Even so it is not the will of your Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones should perish.” (Matthew 18:11-14)

Since early this morning I have heard the Holy Spirit telling me about the little lost sheep. I feel so sad for these sheep. They are so hurt and lonely. So today I write to the little lost sheep whoever you are.

Little sheep the Shephard is looking for you. He wants you to come back to the fold. You can’t stay away from His people and think that you can stand strong on your own. The enemy is lying to you and replacing the company of God’s saints with the company of the world. They are the ones closest to you who are just as lost and confused. You need to be with the other saints who love the Lord and His people. They will stand with you and often times hold up your hands in prayer.

You have excessive wounds and troubles because you have chosen to walk away from the Shephard and His ways. All He has every wanted for you is to trust Him to care for all of your needs. He loves you so much and would never leave you alone, but He has allowed you to have your own way. Now you are reaping what you have sown and you are heading towards the cliff.

I know the Shephard intimately and personally. He loves us even when we stray. He is known to go out looking for His little lost sheep. He is looking for you now. Come home. Put all of your trust in Him and stop leaning on your own understanding. If you will acknowledge Him in all that you do He will direct your path. Remember not to get angry when things don’t go as you planned because He is in control. He will always work everything out for your good, even if you don’t understand what’s going on at the time. His thoughts are not our thoughts, and His ways are not our ways. However, we know that He is all knowing and He has a plan for our life. Abandon your own will and desire His will for your life. He will console you and give you beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, and the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness. Many will see what He has done for you and in you and praise God.

The Shephard says, “You are weak, angry, hurt, sad, confused, and dependant on the love of your other gods. You love them but they don’t love you. I love you and want you to draw close to Me. I want you to eat and drink my Word. It will give you new life and hope. You will be full of determination to live life and fulfill the destiny that I have called you for. If you will spend time in the Word, with the Word, with Me I will help you to do what my Word says. You will know who you are when you spend time with Me. You will no longer be a weak and frail sheep. You will be strong and confident because you are walking close to Me. Strength and courage to live your life more abundantly will come from the healing that My Word will bring you. I am here to guide, protect, and sustain you. Trust me and walk with me. Come home. I'll carry you.”

No comments:

My God is Faithful!

My God is Faithful!
Psalm 40:1-3 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.He lifted me out of the slimy pit,out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.