Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thank You Jesus!



“It is good to say, “Thank you” to the Lord, to sing praises to the God who is above all gods. Every morning tell him, “Thank you for your kindness,” and every evening rejoice in all his faithfulness.” (Psalm 92:1-2)

Thanksgiving is quickly approaching. It is one of my personal favorite holidays. I love cooking and eating. Mostly I enjoy our big family gatherings. I think about how many other families are gathered together enjoying their time of fellowship and meditating on all that they have to be thankful for. It is during this holiday that people really take time to reflect on God’s blessings, kindness, and faithfulness. On Thanksgiving many will be full of gratitude and give thanks to God. I can almost hear the wonderful praises and thanksgiving. Thank you Jesus!

To the Christian Thanksgiving should not be just once a year, it should be daily. We should live constantly giving thanks to God for his loving kindness and mercy towards us. He showers us with His blessings and favor. He is worthy to be praised at all times because He is our Awesome, Almighty God. He has never left us or forsaken us. He makes a way when there seems to be no way. When we think that we have lost the battle He reminds us that we have won the war because of His Son Jesus. We should thank Him at all times because we know that He is always working everything out for our good and for His glory. Thank you Jesus!

The Word says that we are to give thanks in all things. Sometimes that may seem hard when things don’t go as we planned or expected, but our God can use any situation to help us. We have to praise Him and thank Him no matter what happens or how we feel. When I have hard times and feel down I quickly remind myself that I have faith in Jehovah Jireh, El Shaddai, my Elohim. My hope is in Him and therefore I will praise Him because I know that no matter what I am facing, I am not alone. I know that He is for me so what or who can ever be against me that my God can not defeat and put under my feet? I give Him thanks because I trust Him with my family, friends, persecutors, ministry, finances, and my life. I thank Him because I don’t have to worry because He is always in control.

“No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.” (1 Thessalonians 5:18)

“I will praise the Lord no matter what happens. I will constantly speak of His glories and grace. I will boast of all His kindness to me. Let all who are discouraged take heart. Let us praise the Lord together, and exalt His name.” (Psalm 34:1-3)

When we are constantly giving thanks to God and giving glory to Him for all that He is doing in our lives others will see and hear our praises. Sharing our God stories and praises will give others hope too. When they hear what God has done for us I believe the Holy Spirit will touch their hearts and impart faith to them. They too may come to put their trust in Him when they hear us giving thanks.

“Now many will hear of the glorious things he did for me, and stand in awe before the Lord, and put their trust in him.” (Psalm 40:3)

“Thank the Lord for all the glorious things He does; proclaim them to the nations. Sing His praises and tell everyone about His miracles.” (Psalm 105:1-2)


So let us be faithful to wake up in the morning and thank Him for His kindness and mercy. Throughout our day may His Spirit give us eyes to see His glory. When we lay down at the end of our day let us not close our eyes to rest before we thank Him for His faithfulness. Thank you Jesus!

No comments:

My God is Faithful!

My God is Faithful!
Psalm 40:1-3 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.He lifted me out of the slimy pit,out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.