Monday, December 15, 2008

PERSEVERANCE


“Do not let this happy trust in the Lord die away, no matter what happens. Remember you reward! You need to keep on patiently doing God’s will if you want him to do for you all that he has promised. His coming will not be delayed much longer. And those whose faith has made them good in God’s sight must live by faith, trusting Him in everything. Otherwise, if they shrink back, God will have no pleasure in them.” Hebrews 10:35-38

When I sat down to read the Word I opened up my bible and found a book mark that was given to me years ago. On the back is written ‘To: Lisa From: Jesus’. The front says PERSERVERANCE and it has this scripture “You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised.” Hebrews 10:36

I laughed and cried because I know that the Holy Spirit is reminding me that the promise that the Lord made years ago to me about my family would be fulfilled. It is coming to pass, but not as fast as I would like. I find myself often times impatient and frustrated with the problems and trials. There are times where I just want to give up. Have you ever felt like you just want to throw in the towel? Like things will never change?

Giving up should never be an option for us as believers. We have to persevere no matter what! Persevere means to persist in anything undertaken; maintain a purpose in spite of difficulty, obstacles, or discouragement; continue steadfastly. The scripture that I keep hearing in my spirit is Habakkuk 2:3 “For the vision is yet for an appointed time and it hastens to the end [fulfillment]; it will not deceive or disappoint. Though it tarry, wait [earnestly] for it, because it will surely come; it will not be behindhand on its appointed day.”

We have to trust our Lord is going to do all that He said He would do. Faith is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead. Some of us become impatient giving up hope and faith right before we get our break through. (Hebrews 11:1-2)

It is only through problems and trials that we can learn this perseverance. It is for our own good. Imagine if we always got what we wanted right away or if life was easy with no problems. Smooth sailing the whole way. We would be weak, impatient, and our faith would be little. However, if we must keep trusting God for something that hasn’t happened yet, it teaches us to wait patiently and confidently. (Romans 8:25)

It is apparent that we can not learn perseverance without learning and applying patience. I feel the need to clarify that patience is not just waiting. It is waiting with a good attitude. Patience is bearing provocation, annoyance, misfortune, delay, hardship, pain, etc., with fortitude and calm and without complaint, anger, or the like. WOW and OUCH!!! That’s why they say “Patience is a virtue.”

“We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials for we know they are good for us- they help us learn to be patient. And patience develops strength of character in us and helps us trust God more each time we use it until finally our hope and faith are strong and steady. Then, when that happens, we are able to hold our heads high no matter what happens and know that all is well, for we know how dearly God loves us, and we feel this warm love everywhere within us because God has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.” Romans 5:3-5

When you find yourself feeling impatient and losing hope don’t hesitate to draw close to the Lord, because He is ready to draw near to you. As quick as you can read or listen to the Word of God so that your spirit is encouraged and renewed. His Word helps us sift through the drama of life. It brings clarity and inspires us to keep pressing forward knowing that though the vision tarries we can be sure that it will come to pass. We know that God’s Word never returns to Him void. So let us keep patiently and confidently trusting our Lord learning perseverance and becoming strong in faith and character.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LISA, THANK YOU FOR THIS WORD!!!! GOD HAS CONFIRMED IT IN THIS CURRENT SEASON WHERE I AM PERSONALLY RECIEVING A MULTITUDE OF BLESSINGS AND BREAKTHROUGHS
I CAN VIVIDLY RECALL THE PAST 8 MONTHS WHERE I WAS SO RESTLESS AND DISCONTENT, ANXIOUSLY WAITING FOR THE PROMISES I KNOW GOD HAD SPOKEN, I FOUGHT REAL
HARD AGAINST THE FLESH WANTING TO QUIT AND DO MY OWN THING, THANK GOD FOR HIS SPIRIT WHO WOULD NOT RELEASE ME FROM THAT OBLIGATION, OR GIVE ME PEACE UNTIL THE APPOINTED TIME! FOR THE LAST 6 MONTHS I HAVE BEEN RECIEVING THE EXACT SAME WORD FROM HABAKUK, I KNOW THE VISION IS FOR AN APPOINTED TIME, AND SISTER HOLD ON BECAUSE WE ARE CLOSER NOW THAN WHEN WE FIRST STARTED, IN JESUS NAME AMEN.

My name is Bonnie, said...

As I hear your heart more & more, I like you all the more! I'm thankful this morning that God would join our hearts. I hear Him beautifully through you.

Bonnie
extendedhope.com

Lisa C. aka Trophy of Grace said...

Awe..thanks Bonnie. I am glad that you can hear what the Spirit is saying. That is what matters.

I am always so humbled when our Lord confirms that it truly is Him speaking and not me. That's what I want.

Our hearts are joined because we love Jesus and we are His haidmaidens. May He be glorified now and for every more. xoxo's sister..

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your confirmatiom Lisa. I love you. Girl you just don't know how much i can breath sometimes after reading your word then going to church and hearing the same word or while seeking god he give me a word and then it all falls together. Even thought i just got email this has been my whole week. And i am speaking about spiritual blessing, spritual breakthroughs and the restoring of my family.

My God is Faithful!

My God is Faithful!
Psalm 40:1-3 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.He lifted me out of the slimy pit,out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.