Wednesday, February 4, 2009

It's Time To Replenish


Then Jesus said, “Come to Me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you. Let Me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.” Matthew 11:28-30

What a busy year already! My mind has been going a mile a minute. It seems that I have so much going on. I have been fighting a cold for a week. Last year the Lord really had me focus on time management and putting everything that He has entrusted to me in order. He reminded me that my number one priority is my ministry to my family, then to the body of Christ and the world. Now I feel like He is telling me to learn to pace myself and take more time to replenish.

I feel the Lord is telling me, “Lisa, if you want to do My will and be used by Me you need to be rested and prayed up. Allow Me to replenish you. Don’t allow yourself to be consumed by doing stuff in My name. Remember My burden is light. Your burden becomes heavy when you try to carry a load that is not yours.”

So I am going to take the rest of the week off from publishing new postings and spend time in prayer and reading His word. I really need to replenish and be still before God. I want to learn to quiet my soul while I am drinking from the Living Water.

As usual when I take my breaks I will do postings from the Archives. I love going through the archives and seeing what the Lord has been saying to me over the past year. I get encouraged all over again. It’s almost like I didn’t even write it.

Thank you all for your prayers and words of encouragement. I appreciate all the love and support. It motivates me to keep pressing forward and let’s me know that my labor is not in vain. To God be the glory..

4 comments:

Michael Horvath said...

Wow Lisa, thanks for this. I've been told that I "try too hard" by so many people. They say, "You are a good man but you need to be still".

Daughter of the King said...

WOW! That's a message I needed to hear, thanks. I'll be praying that you'll come back refreshed and renewed with some new insight to share with us all. I love you girl!

Lisa C. aka Trophy of Grace said...

Your welcome..

We all need to find time to be still. While I was going through the archives I found an article that I will post tomorrow which is just further confirmation to me that I need to be still.

Just make sure you make time to go into God's prescene and leave the world behind. During those times you will lern so much and find restoration for your soul.

God bless you brother..

Lisa C. aka Trophy of Grace said...

Thanks Titi Mari for your comment. You know that I need this time. lol..

My God is Faithful!

My God is Faithful!
Psalm 40:1-3 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.He lifted me out of the slimy pit,out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.