Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Be Strong In the Lord and In His Mighty Power


“A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.” (Ephesians 6:10)

We need to truly realize that on this journey through this world we do not have to do anything in our own strength and power. Instead we are to be strong in the Lord and in HIS mighty power, not in our own power. That should be a great relief to everyone. I know it is to me. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by the responsibilities and the calling that I have on my life. There are also times where I feel I am not strong enough to face certain troubles, tests, and even people. Feelings of inadequacy creep in and I feel incapable of fulfilling the visions that our Lord has given me for my family and ministry. Then the truth hits me dead on. I am NOT able to accomplish any of these things and have godly results in my own strength or power. Over and over again I am humbled by this reality and that is when the sweet Spirit of God reminds me of what His Word says, “For I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength”. So it is not by our strength or our might but by the Spirit of God that we able to do all that the Lord has called us to do. Thank you Jesus!

As we go through this life living as a servants of Christ Jesus we must remember that it is truly by His grace and mighty power that we have been given the privilege of serving him by spreading the Good News and by being living testimonies. We don’t have to worry about how everything will be accomplished or where the provisions will come from because our Lord is faithful to always provide everything we need. He will give us wisdom and favor. He has given us His power and might. He has given us every spiritual gift we need to do His work and His will as we eagerly await His return. He will keep us strong to the end. Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. (Ephesians 3:7, 1 Corinthians 1:7-8)

We don’t need to fall apart when we feel weak and incapable. There is no point of beating ourselves up. Instead let us rejoice because when we are weak God’s power works best in us. When we go to Him humbled by our weakness we will see that His grace is truly all we need. When we are weak that is when we see Christ’s power manifests through us. So draw close to the Lord when you feel like you don’t have enough power or strength because there is an incredible greatness of God’s power available for us who believe him and take Him at His Word. This incredible power that helps us is the same mighty power that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God’s right hand in the heavenly realms. It amazes me that this power is available to us! But how many believers actually live by this power? I guess the evidence would be in their fruit. (2 Corinthians 12:9-10, Ephesians 1:19-20)

Brothers and sisters be encouraged by these scriptures provided above because the Lord does not want us to feel like we are without power or strength. Through His glorious, unlimited resources He will empower us with inner strength through His Spirit. We just need to trust Him with everything in our lives. With every problem, trial, tests, persecution, with EVERYTHING we have to rely on Him. He is the Source of our Strength. We can not face this life and its circumstances on our own and that is not what our Lord intended. So remember to be strong in the Lord and His mighty power! Don’t rely on your own strength and power.(Ephesians 3:16)

Blessings to you all in Christ Jesus name..

2 comments:

LisaShaw said...

AMEN! AMEN! AMEN! This is riddled with powerful nuggets of truth and wisdom!!!

Praise the Lord!

Lisa C. aka Trophy of Grace said...

Thanks Lisa..Glory be to God who gives me wisdom and revelation of His Word. May He always be glorified!!

My God is Faithful!

My God is Faithful!
Psalm 40:1-3 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.He lifted me out of the slimy pit,out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.