Thursday, March 26, 2009

In His Presence Is Fullness of Joy & I Am Renewed



“I will extol the LORD at all times; his praise will always be on my lips” Psalm 34:1

The week before was a trying week for me. I had difficult tests and trials to overcome almost daily. It felt like hell put an A.P.B. (all points bulletin) out on me. I felt the attack hard. The hardest thing for me is when I see believers becoming the tool in the hand of the enemy. It saddens my spirit. By Friday I felt tired and worn out. I found myself trying to carry around other people’s junk and blaming myself unnecessarily so. I was slipping into a ‘Woe is me’ attitude. I woke up that Friday morning and said, “Lord, I need your comfort. Heal me from these troubles, renew me, and refresh my spirit.” Well…I asked and I received!! Praise Jesus!

He saw how my week was going and lined up a weekend of blessing to lift my spirit back up. It was awesome! I partied and celebrated all weekend long. I danced and I lifted my hands in praise and worship with my husband and loved ones. Last Friday night our church Calvary Chapel Ft. Lauderdale had their night of worship which is always a wonderful time of celebrating and dancing. We started off shaking off any heaviness that was attached to us from our contacts with the world and from dealing with life’s issues by singing upbeat praise music. Then our hearts were prepared for worship songs with lyrics that cried to God to search our hearts and find anything in us that does not reflect His purity. In Spirit and in truth we asked the Lord to refine us in the fire of His gaze so that we could be holy in all of our ways. Many of us went down to the altar and got on our faces before the Lord and in His presence we were renewed, strengthen, and filled with even more faith and hope. That was just my Friday night.

Saturday night I got to attend a free Christian concert hosted by Cross the Bridge with David Mcgee from Calvary Chapel of the Triad. That too was a wonderful time of praise and worship. We danced some more and continued to worship the Lord knowing in our hearts that mountains were being moved in the spiritual realm. Sunday back to church and as always Calvary Chapel’s praise and worship team was on fire. More dancing, more lifting of holy hands, and more change in our hearts. I am excited again just writing this..Glory be to God!!

“You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.” Psalm 16:11

It was in His presence humbly worshiping Him on my face at that altar Friday night that I felt immediately renewed. I felt the power of the Holy Spirit lift up my countenance and renew my strength as I praised Him for His faithfulness to me. I realized that no matter what I go through the Lord is faithful. I made a choice to let that week of trouble go and not to give it any more of my attention. Instead I remembered that our Lord has been with me from birth; from my mother’s womb He has cared for me. So I will choose to praise Him instead of moaning and complaining about my troubles. (Psalm 71:6)

We can not allow ourselves to be ruled by our emotions and feelings. We have to learn to praise the Lord at all times no matter what is going on around us. No matter who comes against us in gossip and persecution. No matter what bad report we get. Worship the Lord even then. Praise Him because He is worthy of our praise. He has always watched over us. So don’t be troubled by temporary circumstances. God’s got it!

You will find that no heaviness, negative emotion, depression, fear, sadness, loneliness, or any other hindering spirit can stay around when you are lifting up holy hands in worship and submission to Almighty God. Why? Because the Lord inhabits the praises of His people. He is in the midst of them. When we worship Him we are taking refuge in His Holy presence. (Psalm 22:3)

You will also notice that while worshipping Him that you are also being cleansed. I don’t know about you but when I am worshipping our Lord I begin to ask Him to cleanse me and purify me of everything in me that is ugly and unholy. It is during worship and praise that our hearts are renewed and we desire to be more like Him. It is in worshipping Him in Spirit and in truth that we desire to let go of all the extra baggage such as anger, unforgiveness, resentment, hidden sin or whatever is trying to entangle us. Our burdens fall off in His presence and when we rise up again we feel light and burden-free ready to move on in our battle.

Spend time worshipping and praising our Lord. I promise you will see that your problems just don’t compare to the joy that comes from knowing that God is your refuge and that you are truly safe in His care. Praise the Lord at all times let His praises constantly be on your lips!

2 comments:

Michael Horvath said...

Wonderful thoughts. I try to keep this in the forefront of my mind however sometimes I let my life get in the way. Thank you for reminding me.

Lisa C. aka Trophy of Grace said...

Thanks Miles and your welcome. Sometimes when I have my toughest days I put on my ipod and walk around with it in my ears all day. The music keeps my mind on Him and keeps all the unwanted thoughts away. Most of all it keeps me rejoicing in the middle of trouble. Blessings to you brother..

My God is Faithful!

My God is Faithful!
Psalm 40:1-3 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.He lifted me out of the slimy pit,out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.