Monday, March 23, 2009

When One Door Closes Another One Opens


“However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him" 1 Corinthians 2:9

There is no need to freak out when the Lord closes doors in our lives. Whether we’re laid off from work, girlfriend or boyfriend breaks it off suddenly, we weren’t approved for a loan or modification; whatever door has seemingly closed was closed for a reason. We have to immediately rely on the truth that our Lord has good plans for our lives and that He works everything out for our good. We have to accept that maybe this door has closed because it is time to move on. Maybe we even stayed longer than we should have. Only God knows. (Jeremiah 29:11-13, Romans 8:28)

I have seen in my own life that when the Lord allows doors to close it is because He has something new for me some where else. He wants to teach me new things. He’s just taking me to new training ground and this process will increase my faith and dependence on Him. It’s time to grow and expand and that can not longer be done with where I was at. So I don’t reject change. I have learned to trust what the Lord is doing even when I don’t understand it.

“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the LORD. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.” Isaiah 55:8

Sometimes we feel it in our spirit before it happens that God is calling us to move on and step out in faith. He’s given us a clear vision and He has assured us that we are not crazy, it truly is God Almighty saying, “You have heard Me correctly. Yes it is time to step out. Go now! Do not be afraid I AM with you.” But instead of moving immediately we over analyze our state of affairs and his instructions and we sit in our situation longer. Asking for more confirmation. Lol..That’s when our loving heavenly Father pushes us out of our comfortable nest like a mother bird teaching her fledgling to fly. Much like the baby bird we have become so comfortable in our nest that we do not want to leave, not realizing that if we don’t go we will not learn how to use the muscles in our wings. However, our Lord knows that if we don’t get out of the nest we will not learn how to fly. Thus the gentle push out, He knows it’s for our own good.

“Do not remember the former things, Nor consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness And rivers in the desert.” Isaiah 43:18-19

The closed door is the beginning of something new and fresh that is going to happen in our lives. It’s a time to draw nearer to the Lord and seek His face like never before. When doors close we should thank Him because we know that He is the one who directs our steps and He will not let us fall. We trust Him to guide us and lead us, so then we must also trust that when He closes one door that He will open another one in due time, in His time. You’ll see!

Don’t wait till you see the physical manifestation of the new thing to praise Him. Praise Him now. Let His praises constantly be on your lips and pray without ceasing while you wait for another door to open. Be confident in what you hope for. Be confident in the word that the Lord has spoken in your heart. Have faith that it will actually happen and be assured about it even though you cannot see it yet. (Hebrews 11:1)

Trust me He loves us so much that He has already made a way. He knows our needs and gives us the desires of our hearts. He knows how to give good gifts. So receive the closed door as a good gift because what He has for you now is better than before. (Matthew 7:11)

Be encouraged as you wait and hope in the Lord..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise be to God!!! Lisa you know it sister, all I can say is allow God to go before you, the battle is his, although we all share in His victory! He will move the mountains, he is mighty to save. Amen

Michael Horvath said...

I can relate to you and what you have said in so many ways. My life has been a series of opening and closing of doors. Sometimes those doors we worry about closing are ones that opne others that take us to even better places.

Lisa C. aka Trophy of Grace said...

Anonymous..Amen to that and thank you for the encouraging words. God is so AWESOME!! I know that I always have the victory even in what seems to be a failure I still win because I learn how to keep going, PERSERVERANCE.

Miles..

Thanks for your comment. This is so true. I totally agree..We just have to trust Him that it is something better.

Blessings to you both in Jesus name..

My God is Faithful!

My God is Faithful!
Psalm 40:1-3 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.He lifted me out of the slimy pit,out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.