Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Without Faith It Is Impossible To Please God


The opposite of worry is faith. Faith is all about trusting the Lord. It’s about believing Him at His Word. It is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to Him must believe that God exists and that He rewards those who sincerely seek Him. (Hebrews 11:6) He rewards us with a confident assurance and hope in Christ as we draw closer to Him. As we see in His Word that His faithfulness is unending and mercies are new every morning we will be encouraged and know without a shadow of doubt that because He is faithful we are going to be alright no matter what happens. (Lamentations 3:23)

There will be times when we will have plenty, but then there will be other times when we will have a little. We must learn to live in either situation knowing that it is our Lord that will sustain us through times when there is a little. (Philippians 4:10-13) Whether we are having good times or difficult times we have to remember our Lord is in control. He knows what our every need is and He sees our hearts desires. He will make a way out of no way. So trust in the Lord and do good then you will lively safely in the land and prosper. Take delight in the Lord and He will give you your heart’s desires. Commit EVERYTHING you do to the Lord. Trust Him and He will help you. (Psalm 37:3-5)

Isaiah 43:1-3 “But now, O Jacob, listen to the LORD who created you. O Israel, the one who formed you says, “Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.”

WE WILL go through deep waters, through rivers of difficulty, and walk through the fire of oppression but God's Word and the Holy Spirit will be faithful to strengthen our hearts when we are going through these tough times. He becomes our source of strength and our refuge. Look at what King David says in Psalm 18:1-2 “I love you, LORD; you are my strength. The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.”

Now look at Psalm 59:17 “O my Strength, to you I sing praises, for you, O God, are my refuge, the God who shows me unfailing love.”

We have to learn to run to Him and His Word every day but especially in our times of need. He has to be our refuge. We have to seek His will and direction for EVERY decision that we will have to make. King David knew that He could run to the Lord and find refuge and be strong in the Lord. He knew God would be the source of His strength. Paul also tells us to be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. (Ephesians 6:10)
No matter what our circumstances are we have to put all of our faith in the Lord trusting him to bring us through. If we do not have faith in Him then we are calling Him a liar. We are saying that we do not believe that His Word is true and He will not protect us, guide us, give us favor, help up, bless us, heal us, and go before us to make a way where there seems to be none. Let us not call God a liar by worrying instead of praying. Let us put our faith in Him and trust Him with our entire lives and with the ones we love. Let us lay everything down at His feet because He knows better than us what we truly need.

No comments:

My God is Faithful!

My God is Faithful!
Psalm 40:1-3 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.He lifted me out of the slimy pit,out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.