Saturday, June 20, 2009

His Ways & Thoughts Are Higher Than Ours



“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9

I really don’t try to figure out any more why our heavenly Father allows certain things to happen in our lives or in those closest to us. I don’t need to know when circumstances will change or when will the unjust receive justice. I have learned to trust Him in every situation, especially the ones I don’t completely understand. I know that He is sovereign, omniscient, and omnipotent and that is all that matters to me.

He has shown me over and over again that no matter what happens in our lives He is always in control. He is never taken off guard by our problems or ‘situations’. We have to learn that even if something in our lives happen that seems unjust or unfair He can use it for our good. Sometimes we will have to walk through the situation and other times the Lord will provide a way of escape. Either why whatever He allows He has our best interest in mind.

If something tragic happens we must know with all of our hearts that He allowed it for reasons beyond our understanding. Let us not be angry or bitter towards God. We must remember that His plans for us are ALWAYS for good not for evil and to give us a future and a hope. He never leaves us or forsakes us. He will be our strength when we go through the storms of life. He never allows us to go through trouble, trials, sorrows, or any change without promising to be with us. (Jeremiah 29:11-13, Hebrews 13:5)


“When you go through deep waters,
I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty,
you will not drown.
When you walk through the fire of oppression,
you will not be burned up;
the flames will not consume you.
For I am the Lord, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
Isaiah 43:2-3

We have to remember that His ways of doing things, His way of bringing about change in us and around us, His way of helping us produce the fruit of the Spirit in our lives is sometimes beyond our understanding. His thoughts are nothing like our thoughts and His ways are far beyond anything we can imagine. So why do we even question Him? Can we really even grasp His reasoning and purpose?

We have to learn to be ok with trusting Him especially when we don’t understand what’s going on around us or why He allowed certain circumstances. His faithfulness, mercy, and compassion toward us is unending so we should not be afraid of change. Our Lord in all of His wisdom causes everything to work together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to his purpose. So why should we fear or fret? (Romans 8:28)

Let us remember that everything is only for a season. We will not have trouble or trials forever. So let us not get tired in doing good and trusting Him. We will reap a harvest of blessing if we do not give up prematurely. (Galatians 6:9)

Be blessed brothers and sisters and know with all of your hearts that our heavenly Father is by your side all the time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gal: 6:9 is going to be my scripture for the week. What a blessing! Your testimony is so inspiring. Your blog, so uplifting! Have a blessed week!

Lisa C. aka Trophy of Grace said...

awe..thanks so much for your comment. Galatians 6:9 is one scripture that the Holy Spirit is always reminding me of. Thanks again..

My God is Faithful!

My God is Faithful!
Psalm 40:1-3 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.He lifted me out of the slimy pit,out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.