Friday, July 9, 2010

I Know The Thought I Have For You!

“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. “– Jeremiah 29:11-13 NLT

These three verses are some of my absolute favorite verses in the entire bible. Since I got saved these verses have sustained my faith and hope throughout many trials and tribulations. I will often quote these verses to someone who is facing adversity and needs encouragement. It’s a reminder that no matter what we are going through there is no need to worry and stress out because our Lord has A GOOD PLAN that He’s working out in our lives. In His plan there is ALWAYS hope for our final outcome. He promises that if we will pray that He WILL listen and when we look for Him WITH ALL OF OUR HEART, requiring Him as a vital necessity to make it through our daily lives, we will find Him.

I love how these verses read out of the Amplified Bible. Read it out loud that your faith my increase, because faith comes by hearing the Word of God. (Romans 10:17) So speak out loud now,

“For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and NOT for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome.

Then you will call upon Me, and you will come and pray to Me, and I will hear and heed you.
Then you will seek Me, inquire for, and require Me [as a vital necessity] and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.”
Our Creator and heavenly Father is telling us clearly that he thinks about our life and has a specific plan for us here on earth. Our life has a divine purpose. Look at what Psalm 139 says,


Verse 16, “You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in Your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.”

Verse 17, “How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!”

We are always on His mind! His is always thinking good things about us. I believe He is thinking how He will save and deliver us from the hand of the enemy. When we’ve gone astray I believe He’s already thought of where He would put a detour on the road that we are traveling to get us back on the right path. I know He thinks of how He would love to bless and increase our resources so that we can be a blessing to others. I know He is thinking of ways to help us grow in faith, perservance, and love. I believe He’s thinking of who He can put in our path so that we can share our testimony and the Good News about Jesus Christ. Most of all I think He is always thinking of ways to reveal Himself to us, that we would recognize Him and know Him more intimately. He is always thinking of us!

His plans for our life is so much better than our own. When we try to live this life on our own apart from fellowship with Him we will always feel like something is missing. We will always need more of something to fill the void and longing in our hearts that belongs to our Creator. We will attempt to fill that void with materials things, riches, notoriety, alcohol, drugs, bad relationships, business, work, staying busy, partying, sex, having children or whatever it is that we are putting in front of God. Our ways do not produce the abundant life full of peace and hope that having a true relationship with Jesus Christ brings. In fact Proverbs 14:12 says, “There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death.” We need Jesus. He is the Light of the World meant to be the lamp to guide our feet and the light for our path.

When we begin to seek the Lord with all of our hearts, calling out to Him in prayer knowing with our entire being that we need Him, we will find Him. He promises that if we will draw near to Him He WILL draw near to us. He removes the scales from our eyes so that we can see and hear from Him, so that we can understand His Word. We don’t have to walk around blindly wondering what God’s plan is for our life, all we have to do ask for direction and seek His will in His Word. We will begin to see that He has always wanted the best for us. He has always been calling us and knocking on the door of our heart. It is us that have chosen to go our own way.

When we begin to follow His plan for our lives we will have peace and hope. Our minds and hearts will be protected from overwhelming thoughts of defeat, inadequacy, anxiety, and fear as we mediate on His promises to us. Our hope will be in knowing that He is faithful and true to His Word and that He never leaves or forsakes us. He has not left us alone in this world without help and comfort. He has given us His Holy Spirit which will remind us of things that He has taught us, direction that He has given us, words of encouragement that have reassured us. Following his plan and path for our life will lead to us to an abundant life that we have always dreamed of full true hope, peace, and security.

If you are reading this and have turned away from walking with Jesus, I strongly exhort you for your own good to come back to the narrow path. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way. But the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few every find it. (Matt. 7:13-14) Our Lord is not mad at you. He loves you and always has. He is patient and slow to anger. He is waiting for you to humble yourself at His feet so that He can lift you back up again.

If you have never known that God has a good and specific plan for your life and what to surrender to Him you must put your faith in His son, Jesus Christ. It is through Him that we are saved. It is through Jesus that we will have a new life and become new creations. He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. There is no other way.

In either case you need to confess your sins to God, believe in Jesus, turn and go the opposite way that you are going now. It’s time to surrender your will and plans for His. You will not be sorry. I cannot tell that you will not have trouble. Jesus said that on this earth we will have many sorrows and troubles, but that we should take heart because He has overcome the world. (John 16:33) We will overcome this world by putting our faith in Christ Jesus. He is our Deliverer and Savior!

In Christ love,



No comments:

My God is Faithful!

My God is Faithful!
Psalm 40:1-3 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.He lifted me out of the slimy pit,out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.