Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Do you want to succeed?


My brother recently shared Proverbs 16:3 with me. I think this is such an awesome word for all of us. Especially those of us needing a change. Perhaps someone who has been doing the same thing and getting no where? Or maybe a believer that needs to take it back to the basics.

Listen to how the Amplified Bible reads. Listen to how clear..

Proverbs 16:3 "Roll your works upon the Lord [commit and trust them wholly to Him; He will cause your thoughts to become agreeable to His will, and] so shall your plans be established and succeed.

Isn't that amazing? So many times people are afraid of committing their lives to God because they are afraid that they are going to be missing something. What is that they are going to be missing? What is that they do not want to give up? Freedom? Freedom to do what? There is more freedom in Christ than the world will ever know and more than the world can ever provide.

I know for myself that when I was going out and partying I would not feel better. I would feel worse. Sometimes hung over with a headache and feeling nausea. One night of fun ends up taking over the whole weekend. Following my own path and my own selfish desires only caused me to end up in a prison and full of bondage.

Here it says that if we will commit our works or life to God wholly he will cause our thoughts to line up with His will for our lives and then we will succeed. As our thoughts line up to His thoughts we will change the way we act and react, the things we do, and the things we say. We will change completely. That is why God wants us to come as we are. We don't need to worry about whatever vices or infirmities we might have. God can change us in His time. Everyone wants to succeed. Here we are given the answer to success. Submit to God! Simple enough to me.

There is a story in the bible where after the death of Moses God appointed Joshua to lead His people. He gave Joshua very specific instructions for his life. You can read the whole account in the book of Joshua chapter one. But look at what God says in verse 8 :

"This Book of the Law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, that you may observe and do according to all that is written in it. For then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall deal wisely and have good success."

That's awesome. That sound likes freedom to me. Freedom from debt. Freedom from loneliness. Freedom from fear. Freedom to succeed in life. Put your life in His hands. He will never lead you the wrong way. I know that will bring you true joy, happiness, and success.

1 comment:

a new me said...

Its amazing to me how when we put our faith and trust in God, life seems so simple. whether its at work or at home i find myself more and more just worshipping and praising him. The answers seem to flow like a river and the problems seem to roll off like water. crazym, huh? it would seem like you have been doin this forever the way your words fit together with the word of God. i cant speak for anyone else but for me it is very uplifting to see the changes God has done in my brothers family and now mine. God is awesome and almighty and when we believe all things seem easy. Change is nothing but believing God has the plan, problems are nothing but believing God has the answer. This past week in Bible study a verse was said to me and it is one i meditate on often. Trust in the lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct your paths (Proverbs 3:5-6). I am learning more and more each day that the Bible is basically our study guide to life and if we just do as it says and believe. Life seems easier.

My God is Faithful!

My God is Faithful!
Psalm 40:1-3 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.He lifted me out of the slimy pit,out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.