Sunday, March 16, 2008

Examine Me Lord


King David was a man after God’s own heart. He was constantly asking the Lord to search and examine him. He asked God to create in him a pure heart and a steadfast spirit.(Psalm 26:2, Psalm 51:10).

Psalm 139:23-24 says: (Amplified Bible)

23Search me [thoroughly], O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! 24And see if there is any wicked or hurtful way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
King David longed to please God and he did not want anything in him to be offensive to God. As believers we need to follow this example. We should be asking God daily to search our hearts and see if there is any wicked or hurtful ways in us. God will be faithful to shine His light on these areas of our heart and help us to change.

I have prayed this prayer so many times that now my Heavenly Father almost immediately shows me where I need to release certain issues or people to him so that my heart is not contaminated. He has shown me in my own life that unaddressed issues in my heart can easily become bondage keeping me from growing in love and service to Him and others, especially those closest to me.

So let us all lay our hearts on the altar before God and acknowledge the prophecy spoken by Jeremiah, “I the Lord search the heart and examine the mind, to reward a man according to his conduct, according to what his deeds deserve.” (Jeremiah 17:10 NIV Bible)

Proverbs 17:3

Articles Listed by Title
Articles Listed by Subject
Prayer Requests

No comments:

My God is Faithful!

My God is Faithful!
Psalm 40:1-3 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.He lifted me out of the slimy pit,out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.