Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Pray For Them & Leave It in God's Hands


Sometimes we want to take things into our own hands when someone has hurt or offended us or someone we love. But the Lord says vengeance is His. We are called to pray for our enemies. Enemy seems like a strong word but an enemy is a person who feels hatred for, fosters harmful designs against, or engages in antagonistic activities against another; an adversary or opponent.

There are those that definitely try to antagonize me. I have learned and I am still learning to leave these types of people in God hands. If my God is for me who can be against me. I know that man can not do anything to me that God does not allow. I feel sorry for those who attack the children of God because he promises to crush our enemies. He also says that he prepares a table for us in the presences of our enemies. He will put them under our feet.

We must pray for our enemies and learn to forgive them quickly. Unforgiveness in our hearts will only turn into bitterness and resentment. It is ok to be angry and not sin. We will reap what we sow so remember that we are only hurting ourselves when we try to look for ways to get back at someone. It is best to allow God to deal with these individuals personally. All we have to do is talk to God about the hurt and the offense and trust Him to handle the situation.

As we begin to pray for those that persecute us God will begin to change our hearts towards these people. We will to learn to react in love towards them and we will have peace knowing that God protects us.

Matthew 5:44-48, Psalm 44:4-7, Psalm 23:5,

1 comment:

daughter of destiny said...

AMEN! I NEED TO WORK ON FORGIVING. ITS ONE OF THE THINGS I FIND SO DIFFICULT. THE STING OF BETRAYAL CAUSES ME TO HARBOR THOSE FEELINGS. I HAVE LEARNED OVER THE YEARS THAT IT IS BEST TO JUST LEAVE EVERYTHING IN GOD'S HANDS. IF I AM GOING TO REAP WHAT I SOW... I WOULD RATHER REAP JOY, KINDNESS, LOVE, PATIENCE, AND PROSPERITY..

My God is Faithful!

My God is Faithful!
Psalm 40:1-3 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.He lifted me out of the slimy pit,out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.