Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Free From All Your Fears


The Lord is close to those whose hearts are broken. He rescues those who are humbly sorry for their sins. He hears our cries. The eyes of the Lord are intently watching over all who live good lives, and he gives attention when they cry. He will deliver you from all your fears, but you have to put all your trust in Him.

Over the years I have seen the Lord doing a mighty work in my family’s lives. Our Heavenly Father has shown us He is in total control. The past sixteen months have been a pivotal time in my spiritual journey. I was full of fear, anxiety, and inner turmoil. I always wanted to be in control and have all the answers to our dilemmas but my circumstances could not be fixed by me. I was brought to a point where I had to truly humble myself and get on my face before God. I had to leave me fears and problems at His feet and start focusing on serving Him and others. I knew in my heart that while I tended to God’s business He would tend to mine and He has.

The Lord has been trying for years to get my husband and I on one accord and truly submit to Him. We are learning to reverence Him and trust Him no matter what attacks come, no matter what people say. He wants us to put His Word first. He has been drawing us close to Him so that we could find shelter and refuge in Him. So we have! Our lives have forever been changed. As a deer pants for water so we long for the Lord, we thirst for God, the living God. (Psalm 42:1-2)

Trusting God does not mean that you will not have trouble. The good man does not escape troubles he has them too. But the Lord helps him in each and everyone. My favorite Psalm is Psalm 34. It speaks of God saving those who reverence Him from all of their fears and troubles. It has given me comfort and helped build my faith since the first day I read it in 1997. I do not walk in fear and anxiety because I meditate on these verses and I know that:

Ø When I cry he answers me. (Ps. 34:4,6)
Ø He frees me from all my fears. (Ps. 34:4)
Ø Our Lord guards and rescues all who reverence Him (Ps:7)
Ø If I reverence Him I will have everything I need and never lack any good thing. (Ps: 9)
Ø His mercies shower down on me because I trust in Him. (Ps:8)
Ø The Lord hears me when I call to him for help, and saves me out of all my troubles.” (Ps. 34:17)

The more you put your trust in Him and learn not to lean on your own understanding the more you will see that He is in control. There is no problem to big for Him! He makes a way when there seems to be none. You don’t have to fret any more! Just truly surrender and you will not lack any good thing. Cast all your cares on Him. Seek His righteousness, goodness, and kingdom then everything else He’s take care of. Put Him first in everything. You can be free from all your fears by simply trusting Him! (Proverbs 3:5-6, Matthew 6:33, 1 Peter 5:7)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have the NLT version of the life application study Bible and it refers to the book of Psalms as a collection of songs and prayers that "expresses the heart and soul of humanity". There is truly no better explanation, I constantly refer to the book of Psalms in my life and it is where i get alot of my memory verses, it is powerful, clear and always on time. One of my favorite verses reads "cast thy burdens upon the Lord and he shall sustain thee, he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved" (Psalms 55:22). For me this verse releases me of my fears and concerns. We are called to trust in the Lord with all our heart, to confess our sins, express our doubts and fears to him, ask for help in times of trouble and to praise and worship him. Simple steps to a righteous life.
Dear Lord, I pray for the stength and trust to rely on you with the heart of the psalmists, Jesus may i continue to give you all glory and to rely soley on you during good times and bad. Lord free me from my fears In Jesus name-AMEN

My God is Faithful!

My God is Faithful!
Psalm 40:1-3 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.He lifted me out of the slimy pit,out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.