Thursday, July 31, 2008

We Need Each Other


I have learned that in order for me to fulfill God’s calling on my life I need strong Christian brothers and sisters to help keep me accountable in my service to God and my family. I have been blessed to have strong godly women to love me, chastise me, comfort me, question me, encourage, and edify me in the Lord. These women love the Lord and are committed to serve Him in love and truth. I see the evidence of Christ’s love in their lives and service. When I have a problem or I need advice I can email or call them to seek wise counsel and prayer. The best part is that they keep it real. They are not going to tell me what they think I want to hear. They give me counsel or correction based on the Word of God.

We all need Christian accountability to help keep us on the narrow road that leads to life. Traveling this road is not easy. It requires sacrifice, a life committed to service, struggle against your flesh and sin, constant reevaluation of our priorities, and so on. Thanks be to God that we are not called to do this Christian journey on our own. As believers we are called to love and serve each other. In fact we ARE part of each other. The human body has many parts, but the many parts make up one whole body. So is it with the body of Christ. All of us together are Christ’s body, and each of us is part of it. If one part suffers, all parts suffer with it, and if one part is honored, all the parts are glad. We have a responsibility to help one another run this race. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 12:27, 12:26)

If you do not already have an accountability partner, group, or mentor I urge to pray for God to lead you to the person or persons that He would have you walk with. Every believer needs at to have at least one other Christian that they can confide in, pray with, and listen to. The more involved we get in our church the more opportunities arise to meet other strong believers who will love and support us. I think Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 says it best, “Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble.”

Accountability is not to judge each other. Matthew 7 says, “Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. For you will be treated as you treat others. The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged.” Accountability is being responsible for one’s actions. When we see another brother or sister straying away from the path of Truth it is our responsibility to in love help bring that person back onto the right path. I think it’s also important to humbly remember that we too can fall into sin. Galatians 6:1-2 says “If another believer is overcome by some sin, you who are godly should gently and humbly help that person back onto the right path. And be careful not to fall into the same temptation yourself. Share each other’s burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ.”

And lets us consider and give attentive, continuous care to watching over one another, studying how we may stir up (stimulate and incite) to love and helpful deeds and noble activities… (Hebrews 10:24)

Therefore encourage (admonish, exhort) one another and edify (strengthen and build up) one another.. (1 Thessalonians 5:11)

Do not be deceived we are not strong enough to do this on our own! We need each other. May God lead you to other Christians who will not be afraid to keep it real with you.

Enclosing I would like to thank Rhonda Clarke, Sonia Gonzalez, Raeanne Hance, Doree Colon, Deana Colon, and most of all my husband. Thank you for not letting me give up and for not giving up on me. Thank you for believing in me when no one else would. Your prayers, counsel, and love are always cherished. I love you all dearly! Xoxo’s

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I do need my brothers and sisters. Without that accountability we leave ourself open to attacks of the enemy. As a Man I know it is hard enought to talk about our daily issues, but as Christian brothers and sisters we canput that all aside.

I want to make this dedication to all my brothers out their who know me and who will read this. If you are going thru anything, I mean anything and you need someone to talk to I will be there for you. No matter how big or small the problem is as brothers we can help and provide Godly counsel to resolve the issue. No weapon formed against us will prosper...

We all need each other.

Love your Brother,

It's that time
BKA Rey/Lalo

Lisa C. aka Trophy of Grace said...

Amen to that!!

My God is Faithful!

My God is Faithful!
Psalm 40:1-3 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.He lifted me out of the slimy pit,out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.