Friday, July 18, 2008

Lean Not On Your Own Understanding


There are many times in my life where I have to make decisions that I am unsure of, or maybe even scared. I pray and ask God to give me wisdom to help me make the right decision. I long with all my heart to do His will, but there are times that I think that I am going to mess everything all up. Then I remember what Proverbs 3:5-6 says and I meditate on these words:

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.”

I begin to realize that I do trust Him with all of my heart. How could I not? I look back at my life and see how He has always been there for me. My Heavenly Father picked me up out the mess I made of my life. He turned me around and put me on the path of righteousness. He delivered me from all my fears. He set my feet on The Rock, Jesus Christ. He is constantly renewing my mind and heart with His Word. He has comforted when I needed to be consoled. He has provided faithfully for my family. We have not lacked any good thing. He has been an On Time God! I trust Him with my life and family.

Lean not on my own understanding? I have learned and I am still learning daily that His ways are not our ways so I can not rely on my own understanding of the things that go on around me. (Isaiah 55:8-9) I can’t figure everything out and I don’t have to. I just know that there is nothing that happens in our lives that God can not use to mold us and make us stronger witnesses for Him. I know that these trials that we go through are testing our faith and developing perseverance. We need to learn perseverance so that we can be mature and complete, prepared so that He can use us to help others. (James 1:2-4)

I believe the trials that we go through are also meant to keep us close to our Heavenly Father. If we did not have troubles in this life how else would we know that He is there to help us and comfort us, unless we needed it? “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.” (Psalm 46:1) “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” So we say with confidence, the Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. (Hebrews 13:5-6)

In all your ways acknowledge Him..I acknowledge Him in everything I do. I know that apart from Him I can do nothing. (John 15:5) So I seek His counsel and think about Him constantly because I want to honor and glorify Him with every word and every deed. I pray and ask Him to give me wisdom, courage, and strength to make wise decisions. For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. (2 Chronicles 16:9) So when I have to make a decision I am sure that my Heavenly Father will instruct me and guide me along the best pathway for my life. He will advise me and watch my progress. (Psalm 32:8)

Trust the Lord with all your decisions. Pray about everything, even the ‘small’ things. He will guide us down the right path every time. The best part of it all is that even if we make a mistake and go the wrong way he has made our steps firm so even if we stumble we will not fall flat on our face, for the Lord upholds us with his hand. (Psalm 37:23-24) Begin seeking God in all areas of your life and he will make all the crooked paths straight! (Isaiah 45:2)

No comments:

My God is Faithful!

My God is Faithful!
Psalm 40:1-3 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.He lifted me out of the slimy pit,out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.