Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Your Source of Hope


What is the source of your hope? God is the Source of Your Hope! His Word is the source of our Hope. The just should live by faith. (Habakkuk 2:4) Faith in His Word! Faith in God and His provisions, because He is Faithful! (1Corinthians 1:9)

No matter what we go thru..No matter what happens in our life we MUST know that His Word is Truth! It has to be our hope. We can not put our trust and hope in men, our jobs, or in what we see with our eyes. We have to put ALL of our hope in God’s Word because he is faithful to never let his Word return void. Isaiah 55:11 says,

“So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void [without producing any effect, useless], but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

Hope is a belief in a positive outcome related to events and circumstances in one’s life. If our hope is in the Word of God then we have faith that in all circumstances our God is in control. We know that He is working everything out for our God, even the things we do not understand and especially the things that hurt. Listen to what Habakkuk professes while looking around at the destruction and devastation:

Even though the fig trees have no blossoms,
and there are no grapes on the vines;
even though the olive crop fails,
and the fields lie empty and barren;
even though the flocks die in the fields,
and the cattle barns are empty,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord!
I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!
The Sovereign Lord is my strength!
He makes me as surefooted as a deer,
able to tread upon the heights. (Habakkuk 3:17-19)

We must walk in faith, trusting Him to help us. Now Faith is the assurance (the confirmation, the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses]. (Hebrews 11:1) So we must walk by faith, not by sight.

If you do not know His Word where does your hope come from? What have you put your hope in? Begin filling your self daily with full portions of His Word and see how your faith and hope are increased.

If you know His Word than put your hope in the Truth found in the Word of God. Begin speaking and confessing the Word in your situation and for your life.

I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really needed this WORD today. I am feeling discouraged about what goes on at my workplace and feel like God has a bigger plan for me. I know he does, but I want it now. I don't want to wait and because of this i would in normal circumstances have no hope, because it has not happened at my time. But I have Hope that God is wokring everythign out in his timing. I have hope that God will place me where he calls me to be. It is not up to me to try and figure it out. I just need to have Hope and Truct in God that he will work everything out for good. I pray to day Lord that you continue to fill me with your Hope, that you bring light were darkness is and that know weapon formed against me shall prosper. I have Hope that you are chnaging me into the MAN you have calle dme to be. I leave it in your hands... I don't want to try and figure it out anymore.

Thank you Father. For giving me HOPE

Amen...

Anonymous said...

When i first accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior i was given a print out to put on my wall at work, it says "There is Hope and his name is Jesus".. Each day, as i begin my work day, i see this and it really brings to me a peace of mind.. I trust in our Lord with all my heart and my hope is in him..
In you i trust, o my God. Do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me. No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame. Psalm 25:2-3
Lord Jesus, thank you for being my source of Hope and strength, my rock and my foundation. My life would be hopeless without you. Show me your ways... AMEN

My God is Faithful!

My God is Faithful!
Psalm 40:1-3 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.He lifted me out of the slimy pit,out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.