Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Teach Them The Way To Go


Do you realize that the enemy has been trying to destroy you since you were born? Do you think that it will be any different for your children? There is a spiritual battle for our children’s souls. Are your children being prepared for war?

Many parents long to give their children all the things their parents could not give them. Better clothes, better shoes, bigger homes, more presents during the holidays, whatever they felt they were in shortage of. Although these things are nice they cannot be our main focus. Our children’s spiritual condition is vital to their survival. Our Heavenly Father commanded the children of Israel to teach their children His laws and tell of His miracles so that they would set their hope on Him. He did not want them to be stubborn, rebellious, unfaithful children who refuse to give their hearts to Him. (Psalms 78:2-8)

I have five beautiful children. They range from 16 months old to thirteen years old. I do not claim to be an expert, but I have gained a lot of experience over the years and I am learning daily. The more time I spend with the Lord the more I begin to realize that had I of been taught the principles found in the Word when I was a child perhaps things would have been different. I was not equipped for the attacks that were launched against me.

His Spirit has lead me to teach my little ones values, integrity, and morals based on His Word. He has promised that if we direct our children onto the right path when they are older they will not depart from it. They will remember it and always turn to God. (Proverbs 22:6)

We must teach our children to love, honor, worship, praise, and have a reverential fear of God. Sending them off to Sunday school is just not enough. We have to set the example for our children. They should see us spending time with God, praying, reading the Word, worshipping and praising. They need to see Jesus in us! They need to know the importance and benefits of having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. We must be sure they understand that His sacrifice did not come easy and should not be taken lightly.

It is our responsibility to encourage them to read the Word daily and put Him first in everything. If we teach them the principle of tithing and giving with a sincere heart while they are young they will not have a problem later on in life honoring God with their finances. They need to know that they are different from the rest of the world and they are to let their light shine for all to see.

If you do not teach your children to serve God they will learn to serve the world. The world will try to consume them and destroy their lives but you can teach your children to be over comers in Christ Jesus. Teach your children to walk down the narrow road that leads to salvation or the enemy will lead them down the wide path to death and hell.

No comments:

My God is Faithful!

My God is Faithful!
Psalm 40:1-3 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.He lifted me out of the slimy pit,out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.