Thursday, July 3, 2008

Confession For Parents


Confession for parents taken from The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word (Meyer, Joyce). God’s Word spoken out of your mouth regularly produces a powerful, victorious life!”-Joyce Meyer



  • I always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when I pray for my children. They have the faith and love that spring from the hope that is stored up for them in heaven. God has filled them with the knowledge of His will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. They live lives worthy of the Lord and please Him in every way; bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, strengthened with all power according to His glorious might so that they may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully give thanks to the Father. They are qualified to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light. He has rescued them from the dominion of darkness and brought them into the kingdom of the Son He loves, in whom they have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. (Colossians 1:3,5,9-14)

  • My children [reverently] fear the Lord, and keep all His statutes and His commandments…They love the Lord their God with all their [mind and] heart and with their entire being and with all their might. (Deuteronomy 6:2,5)

  • My children are the head, and not the tail; and they shall be above only, and they shall not be beneath, because they heed the commandments of the Lord their God and are watchful to do them. (Deuteronomy 28:13)

  • My children choose life and blessing. They love the Lord, obey His voice, and cling to Him. For He is their life and the length of their days. (Deuteronomy 30:19-20)

  • My children make right choices according to the Word of God. (Isaiah 54:13)

  • As the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are my children in the hands of the Lord. (Jeremiah 18:6)

  • I am always a positive encourager. I edify and build up; I never tear down or destroy. (Romans 15)

  • All my children have Christian friends, and God has set aside a Christian wife or husband for each of them. (1 Corinthians 15:33)

  • My children are not unequally yoked with unbelievers. (2 Corinthians 6:14)

  • My children walk and live [habitually] in the [Holy] Spirit [responsive to and controlled and guided by the Spirit]. (Galatians 5:16)

  • My children have the spirit of wisdom and revelation [of insight into mysteries and secrets] in the [deep and intimate] knowledge of God. Their eyes have been flooded with light, so that they can know and understand the hope to which He has called them, and how rich is His glorious inheritance in the saints (His set-apart ones).

  • My children have a teachable spirit. (Proverbs 14:16)

  • My children love to pray and study the Word. They correctly analyze the Word of Truth. (2 Timothy 2:15)



No comments:

My God is Faithful!

My God is Faithful!
Psalm 40:1-3 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.He lifted me out of the slimy pit,out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.