Friday, July 4, 2008

Your Sacrifice of Praise


I was recently reminded of my own words about praising God when the spirit of heaviness comes to attack me. I thought to myself I give my Heavenly Father praise and thank Him daily for everything that He is doing in my life, but it has been days since I have put on some good praise music and danced, praised, and worshipped Him. No wonder I have been feeling a little down.

I love listening to Chris Tomlin or MaryMary and dancing with my children before the Lord. All my worries and cares just don’t seem to matter when I am in His presences. It’s like Mary Mary said “Take the shackles off my feet so I can dance!”

I know that it may seem hard to want to praise God when you are going through so much. However go against your feelings and make your sacrifice of praise anyways. Hebrews 13:15 says, “ Through him, therefore, let us constantly and at all times offer up to God a sacrifice of praise, which is the fruit of lips that thankfully acknowledge and confess and glorify His name.” He knows that at times it is a sacrifice but praise and worship Him because He is worthy to be praised! He is an Awesome and Great God!

Praise and worship as been known to cause earthquakes, shake foundations, bonds have been released, and prison doors have been opened. See for yourself..

(Acts 16:25-34) About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them, and suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken. And immediately all the doors were opened, and everyone's bonds were unfastened. When the jailer woke and saw that the prison doors were open, he drew his sword and was about to kill himself, supposing that the prisoners had escaped. But Paul cried with a loud voice, “Do not harm yourself, for we are all here.” And the jailer called for lights and rushed in, and trembling with fear he fell down before Paul and Silas. Then he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.” And they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all who were in his house. And he took them the same hour of the night and washed their wounds; and he was baptized at once, he and all his family. Then he brought them up into his house and set food before them. And he rejoiced along with his entire household that he had believed in God.

Praising God through your toughest times can be a witness to someone else that has been watching you. When they see how God delivers you from your situation they will want to know your God too. You could be the tool that Jesus uses to save their whole family all because you made that sacrifice of praise. So do not hesitate lift your hands in worship and enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! (Psalm 100:4) May the Lord give you the break through you need. In Jesus name..Amen!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear God's Trophy of Grace,

When I read your post today, it spoke to my spirit. Just yesterday I was having a challenging moment and found myself just crying and calling out to God. It can get so easy to focus on situations and not see all the blessings that Christ has given to us. It is always refreshing to read His word that helps us to keep our focus on Him and not on how things may seem at the time. Continue to be a blessing into the lives of others.

With blessings,
Minister Mamie L. Pack

DeAna said...

this is so true! taking time to praise the Lord is so important! man is quick to call on Him in times of need or dispair but what about the rest of the time?!

In my car, you'll always see me with praise music blasting, singing at the top of my lungs. Not really the best sound in the world (lol) but I'm giving all the glory to God!! No matter the circumstance!!

Praising God always lifts my spirit!!

Vanessa said...

I try not to fall in to the "Why LORD? mode. I trust him and even when it doesn't seem like it's going to get any better I let him know that I am thankful for what I do and DON'T have.

My God is Faithful!

My God is Faithful!
Psalm 40:1-3 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.He lifted me out of the slimy pit,out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.