Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Heaven's Grocery Store

Many years ago someone very special to me sent me this poem in one of her letters. I have kept it in my bible ever since and I want to share it with you..


Heaven's Grocery Store

I was walking down life's highway a long, long time ago. One day I saw a sign that read, "HEAVEN'S GROCERY STORE."



As I got a little closer, the door opened wide, and I found myself standing inside.



I saw a host of ANGELS. They were standing everywhere. One handed me a basket and said, "My Child, shop with care."



Everything a human needed was in that grocery store. And if you couldn't carry it all, you could come back the next day for more. First, I got some PATIENCE. LOVE was in the same row. Further down was UNDERSTANDING, you need that everywhere you go.I got a box or two of WISDOM, a bag or two of FAITH. I just couldn't miss the HOLY GHOST, for it was all over the place.I stopped to get some STRENGTH and COURAGE TO HELP ME RUN THIS RACE. By then my basket was getting full, but I remembered I needed some GRACE.I didn't forget SALVATION, for SALVATION was free. So I tried to get enough of that to save both you and me.





Then I started up to the counter to pay my grocery bill. For I thought I had everything to do the MASTER'S will.As I went up the aisle, I saw PRAYER; and I just had to put that in, for I knew when I stepped outside, I would run into sin.



PEACE and JOY were plentiful; they were last on the shelf.SONG and PRAISE were hanging near, so I just helped myself. Then I said to the angel,



"Now, how much do I owe?"He smiled again and said,



"MY CHILD, JESUS PAID YOUR BILL A LONG, LONG TIME AGO."

Written by: Ron DeMarco & Friend

No comments:

My God is Faithful!

My God is Faithful!
Psalm 40:1-3 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.He lifted me out of the slimy pit,out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.