Friday, February 27, 2009

Pray For Me Please

"I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them. " 1 Timothy 2:1

To all Consecrated to Him readers please forgive me for not posting as frequently lately. I have been inundated with our other ministries WeUsed2bu and Out of the Miry Clay. Between them and of my course my number #1 ministry my family, I have been busy. I have been praying for our Lord to help me manage my time and not allow me to feel overwhelmed. Thankfully I don’t feel completely overwhelmed because our Lord has brought gifted and capable men and women to help fulfill the visions for these ministries. I hoping to start posting regularly again within in the new couple of weeks.

My request to each of you is that you would cover me in prayer. Also pray for these ministries. Our Lord is doing an awesome work with all of them. We have seen God’s hand moving ever so clearly and His favor and blessings are undeniable. Glory be to God!

I have talked about these ministries before but here’s a recap. WeUsed2bu is a Girl Advice site. I co-founded this ministry with two of my closest friends almost one year ago. The Lord laid it on our hearts to reach out to girls on MySpace. We were to let them know that they are not alone in their cares, concerns, questions, insecurities, troubles, and in so many other things. We wanted them to know that we used to be just like them in so many different ways. We may have even experienced similar circumstances, thus the name WeUsed2bu.

Growing up we never had some where we could turn and really receive true godly advice. Had we have been given godly counsel and direction perhaps we could have made better choices. Today we know the Word of God changes and renews our mind and gives us direction for daily living. We decided that we wanted to give these girls a place to go where they can seek godly advice for their questions and problems.

We began friend requesting and encouraging the girls to contact us if they needed advice or encouragement. We then created a separate blog site where the girls could go to seek advice anonymously since on Myspace we could see who they were. The girls responded immediately. They were so receptive to the idea and the concept. Just as the Holy Spirit showed us they did need some where to turn where they could ask questions without fear of judgment, where they talk honestly and most importantly anonymously.

Almost a year later we have approximately 750 friends and we receive questions almost daily. We are counseling these girls with the Word of God. WeUsed2bu is planting and sowing many seeds into these young women’s lives. Glory be to God.

Our Lord is now leading us to officially incorporate WeUsed2bu ministries and has expanded the vision. We are in the process of partnering with Calvary Chapel Ft.Lauderdale. We are planning to start a magazine and will be publishing our first book hopefully before Christmas. There will be conferences and so much more!! It’s exciting!! So PLEASE pray for WeUsed2bu Ministries.

Now about Out of the Miry Clay.. This ministry has a great big peace of my heart. Out of the Miry Clay is a ministry formed by ex-offenders for ex-offenders. We realized that our Lord was merciful and lifted us up out of our horrible mess, out of the miry clay. He has established our lives in Christ Jesus, changed us, and blessed us above and beyond what we thought He ever would. We want other ex-offenders and those who are still incarcerated to know this. We want them to know that God is no respecter of persons. What He has done for us He will do for them.

We have a monthly support group for ex-offenders. When we come to together there is godly fellowship, accountability, encouragement, and edification. The Holy Spirit is present in those meetings. It’s amazing!!

For Christmas we had the privilege of going into a juvenile center along side of Prison Fellowship to minister and fellowship these children and their families. We shared our testimonies and lives were changed. We are still reaping blessings from that event. Now our Lord is showing us that He wants to expand our territory. In fact that He already has. So you can imagine that that we are full of joyful expectation.

This why I am asking each of you to please commit to praying for me, WeUsed2bu, and Out of the Miry Clay. We have many battles ahead as a ministry and as individuals. But we know that our Lord has equipped us with every spiritual gift, authority, and weapon to overcome and persevere through Christ Jesus.

I thank you in advance for your prayers..Blessings to all of you in Christ Jesus name.

Ephesians 6:18 "Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere."

For more information on these ministries or to make a donation please click the buttons below. Thank you again..

Sincerely,

Lisa aka Trophy of Grace





2 comments:

LisaShaw said...

As one who serves as well in ministry and first to family, I have always understood the pressure that comes but His grace is amazing and it's important to walk it ALL out in a balanced way. As you seek God, I will pray in agreement for all He has for you and the work of the ministry to do and for the balance, peace and healthy boundaries needed to accomplish everything that needs to be done. May the Holy Spirit lead you and God's anointing rest upon you.

It is God's will that we pray for one another so as we cover you in prayer, please cover us. May God be glorified in and through it all in Jesus Name.

God bless you sister.

Lisa C. aka Trophy of Grace said...

Amen..Thank you Lisa.I do need balance. I am beginning to see that very clearly. That is my prayer too.

I will most certainly continue to pray for all of Consecrated to Him readers and for believers every where.

May we continue to grow in wisdom and understanding as we serve Him. May we rely on His Holy Spirit to guide and lead us and not own our ways and thoughts. God's will be done in our lives. In Jesus name Amen..

My God is Faithful!

My God is Faithful!
Psalm 40:1-3 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.He lifted me out of the slimy pit,out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.