Friday, February 13, 2009

True Love


I received this email today from one of my lovely mothers in the Lord. I entitled it:


"True Love"


Something happened a while ago in California that is an example of what Jesus did. A young woman was pulled over and given a ticket by a policeman for speeding in her car. She had to stand before the judge in court. The judge read to her the charge for speeding and asked her, "Guilty or not guilty?" The woman replied, "Guilty." The judge brought down the hammer and fined her $100.

Then an amazing thing took place. The judge stood up, took off his robe, walked down around to the front, took out his wallet, and paid the $100 fine. Why did he do that? Because the young woman was his daughter. His own daughter had broken the law by speeding and he simply couldn't say to her, "Because I love you so much, I forgive you. You may leave." If he had done that, he wouldn't have been a righteous judge. He wouldn't have upheld the law. But he loved his daughter so much that he was willing to take off his judicial robe and come down in front and pay the fine.

That is a picture of what God did for us through Jesus Christ. We have all sinned. The Bible says, "The wages of sin is death." Romans 6:23 No matter how much He loved us, God had to bring down the hammer and say "death." And yet, being a loving God, He loved us so much that He was willing to come down and pay the death penalty for you and me by dying on the cross.

Read Philippians 2:5-11 and thank God for His wonderful free gift..

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I found you through Lori's blog (Persevere). I really enjoyed going through your blog. You have lots of great content. Thanks for sharing. Blessings!

The Equipped Life said...

I love it!!! I'm going to do an 'ad' for you and see if I can send any readers your way for this post.

My God is Faithful!

My God is Faithful!
Psalm 40:1-3 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.He lifted me out of the slimy pit,out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.