Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Chastised For Our Peace


On my way to church this past Resurrection Sunday I meditated on the fact that Jesus suffered a brutal death to save us. He died to redeem us from our sins so that we could live freely through him. Isaiah 53:5 (Amplified Bible) says, “But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our guilt and iniquities; the chastisement [needful to obtain] peace and well-being for us was upon Him, and with the stripes [that wounded] Him we are healed and made whole.”

Then my spirit was grieved as I realized that so many Christians walk around daily without peace. Why? What more does Jesus have to do? He was chastised for our well being and so that we could obtain peace. So we should learn to walk in that peace that he suffered and bleed for.

“But you don’t my situation.”
“You don’t know what I’ve been through.”
“You don’t know what they did to me”

Jesus died so that none of these things could overcome us. He said that we would have troubles in this world. But that we did not have to fear because He has overcome the world.

John 16:33 (Amplified Bible)

“I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.]”

It is time that we rise up and walk in the resurrection power of our Messiah.

I pray that everyone reading this would receive revelation knowledge of who they truly are in Christ Jesus. Lord teach us daily to walk in your love and wisdom. Let us truly be the light in this dark world. Let each us find our balance in you. Father use our testimonies to deliver others bound by the enemy. Thank you Lord for hearing my prayer.

In Jesus,

Amen

Articles Listed by Title
Articles Listed by Subject
Prayer Requests

1 comment:

a new me said...

for the first time in my life, this Easter was more than just bunnies and chocolates. As a recently saved and born again Christian i truly understood the meaning of Easter and celebrated it as the day of his ressurection. When you read about what Jesus endured for our sins its amazing and inspiring. I have been doin alot of reading and there is one scripture that i've meditated on alot John 14:27 says "peace i leave with you; my peace i give unto you;not as the world giveth, give i unto you. let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid"... As i grow stronger in my walk with the Lord my peace comes easier. problems that seemed unmanageable are just a prayer away, peace that seemed unreachable is now within my grasp. Psalm 55:22 reads "cast thy burdens upon the lord and he shall sustain thee; he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved." just that easy... All i know is im happy to have such a sacrificial God. Our Mighty Counselor has all the answers..

My God is Faithful!

My God is Faithful!
Psalm 40:1-3 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.He lifted me out of the slimy pit,out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.