Friday, April 4, 2008

Power and Ability


Do you feel that you are spinning your wheels in your walk with God? Perhaps you feel like your missing something or just feel like you want more of God. The Lord desires for us to have power (ability, efficiency, and might) to help us fulfill the calling on our lives.

Just recently the Lord has really been laying it on my heart again about the importance of the baptism of the Holy Spirit. I really don't know the differences between what different denominations think or teach on the baptism of the Holy Spirit because I did not receive teaching on this issue directly from or through a church. I did not grow up in the church. I spent some time in prison almost 10 years ago and it was there that I spent quality time with the Holy Spirit and He taught me His Word. Over the past weeks as I sit in church and see many souls come to surrender their lives to God I began to become concerned. I realized that we are leading these brothers and sisters to the Lord and then sending them on their way with some instructions on what to do next that they can read later on. Then I began to ask myself what about the power and the ability that they will need to fight against the enemy and to continue to spread the Word? I speak of the power that is given to us in the baptism of the Holy Spirit. I remember the Lord showing me in the book of Acts that once the disciples where baptized in the Holy Spirit they began to preach the Word with power and ability. (Acts 1:8) They began to fervently fulfill the commission that Jesus gave them to preach the Word to the ends of the earth. It was then that the disciples began leading others to the Lord and then they would pray for these new believers to receive the power of the Holy Spirit too. They did not wait. It was done immediately. There were all on fire. Where is that fire today? I feel like so many new believers today are lacking because they do not know of the power of the Holy Spirit.

I urge you all to read the book of Acts for your selves and ask the Lord to give you wisdom and understanding as you read the Word. Most of all I pray that you all would receive the gift of the Holy Spirit and begin to experience this power in your life.

Enclosing let me remind you that the Word is the same yesterday, today, and forever it does not change. Don’t let the enemy tell you that this was just for them.

Acts 2:17-18, Acts 4:29-31, Hebrews 13:8


No comments:

My God is Faithful!

My God is Faithful!
Psalm 40:1-3 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.He lifted me out of the slimy pit,out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.