Thursday, April 3, 2008

Slow Down


Life can get so busy. We have so much responsibility. It seems like there is never enough time in the day to complete all the things that need to be done. I know that personally my life can get chaotic if I allow it to. It is not easy raising 5 children and caring for a household of 8. There is always a never ending laundry pile and cleaning to do. My children and husband always need my attention and care.

I have been asked on several different occasions how do I do it. My answer is prayer, praising, and reading or listening to the Word. No matter how busy our lives get we have got to slow down and allow for personal time with the Lord. When we learn to stand still we will know God.

For some it will be early in the morning. For others like me it will be in the evening when the children have gone to sleep. For others it will be on your long drive through traffic on the way to and from work. We all need to spend private time with the Lord. Jesus went off alone to spend time with our Father. He had to separate himself from the group and have that alone time with God. It is in these personal moments that we will receive direction, confirmation, encouragement, and visions from the Holy Spirit. When we slow down and spend quality time with God we will learn to know Him better. It is in His presence that we find joy and we are changed.

Psalm 16:11, Lamentations 3:25, Hebrews 11:6

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For me I truly have been learning the value of slowing down... Recenty I have been working aways from home and traveling back and fourth in the crazy traffic and it was at these times I would see myself rushing, hollaring and cussing and I knew that this was a time for the Lord to really work on me and for me to draw closer to him.

Since then I have been using this time to draw closer to him.. I start my drive with some praise and worship and then get into a teaching tape or cd. And with this great technology called IPOD i can download teachings from the web and listen to them. It is important for us to draw close to him at. That is the wonderful relationship tht we have with our Lord and Saviour that we can come too him at naytime and he will be there too listen to us..

Thank you for this Word and may the Lord continue to bless you and utilize you for his works.. I know these Words are and will continue to reach the masses..

My God is Faithful!

My God is Faithful!
Psalm 40:1-3 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.He lifted me out of the slimy pit,out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.